Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Smart meter replacement 'Smart energy display'.

It should be very easy once its paired. I am told this as they tell me when
they eventually take delivery of the talking display, which offgen says
they already should have, they will fit a standard meter and pair the new
display to it. I have no idea of the protocol, but it does assumedly only
work one way. I'd hat for somebody like a polish criminal to threaten to cut
off Birmingham if they don't get paid zillions of bitcoins!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Someone I know is in the process of buying a house which has a British Gas
smart meter installed. Ignoring for a moment the portability issues to a
new provider, I presume it comes with some sort of SED (smart Energy
Display) which sits on a shelf somewhere a bit more accessible that six
feet under the stairs.

If the vendor has lost (or otherwise fails to hand over) the SED, how easy
is it to get a replacement?
--
Roland Perry