Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Actual conversation

On 07/19/2018 10:55 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

To elaborate, the faucets do not actually drip....just a bit of
leakage around the handle...I have some grease impregnated string that
cures the problem for a year or so. Probably enough to last 20 years.

As to the $28K bathroom....my house only cost $29k so even though that
was 40 years ago could not psychologically spent that kind of money.

That* is about half what I paid for the house.* Couple that with some
new windows, new 8' slider, new deck, new boiler, etc I have doubled the
original cost.* Right now it is listed for sale at 3 1/2 times original
cost to buy.

FWIW: My wife and I remodeled the kitchen ourselves. We hired a friend
to help us and had a professional do the wallpaper and a professional
do the sink and counter-top.

It looks absolutely wonderful and it cost under $3k.

You got away cheap.* Kitchens can be big bucks.* If we stayed here that
was the next project.

My wife had been "hinting" for years about the kitchen but I did not
realize she was going to pitch in and help!

As to the tub....I removed the old calk and re-did it....gave the tub a
good cleaning too. I figure that 30 year calk should easily be good for
another six months.