Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bypassing a central heating controller.

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 6:19:30 PM UTC-4, Peter Jason wrote:

Can I simply bypass this unit and use a common
household time clock instead.

Given that most instructions for these devices are written in Sanskrit using roman characters, that is no surprise.

Yes, you may use a simple timer - but there are issues with that:

a) Freezing
b) Battery/power failure

I suggest that if you want to use a very simple timer, that you back it up with a basic two-wire thermostat set to the lowest temperature you can tolerated. Then have your timer bypass it for when you want thinks warmer.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA