Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Sketchup grief again/still...

On 7/20/2018 10:56 AM, Leon wrote:
On 7/19/2018 11:14 PM, OFWW wrote:

You can really tell the difference when processing, converting, etc.
Graphics, or responses from a db and on large spreadsheets, but most
notable with graphics.

AND way back when, when processing twice as fast meant something
meaningful, 5 seconds to process vs 10 seconds, that was a very
noticeable improvement.

Today cutting a half second processing time to one quarter second is not
noticeable.

+1

I remember boot time taking up to 7 minutes on one of my od computers.
Blame HP printer software for half of that time. Today my 7 year old
custom built computer boots off if a SSD and takes 15-30 seconds.

I remember when I used to boot DOS from a ram drive... Don't ask, the
memory is vague.. I guess it worked like an SSD drive before they existed.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com