Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Sketchup grief again/still...

On 7/20/2018 12:09 AM, OFWW wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 09:30:15 -0400, Jack wrote:

I think some of this is slowing down a bit though,
for example, my hard drives have not come close to filling up for years.
When I started, I thought my 10 MEG hard drive was huge, (it wasn't)
My terabyte drives are still more than adequate for my use.

My first HD was 5 Meg made by a company in Arizona, it cost me 500.
Thought I could record the whole world on it at the time.

I have Photoshop PSD pictures that one would not fit on a 10 meg drive.
One of my camera's jpg's wouldn't fit on your 5 meg drive. Right now, I
have over 30,000 jpgs, and 1300 psd and 3000 mp3 files and it makes a
small dent in my HD's. I think finally, the drive space issues are at
rest for the time being. I guess if you collect full length movies you
could have an issue. Speed, and ram have also been at bay for a while
now. I don't even pay attention to that stuff.

Even WIN 10 is marginally acceptable but interestingly, few people care.
PC's today are called Cell Phones. PC's, (I mean cell phones) are
rapidly replacing desktops, laptops, camera's and even believe it or
not, the least used tool on the PC, the phone.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com