Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Nice Shop Apron

On 7/20/2018 9:31 AM, Jack wrote:

About 43 years ago my new bride made me a nice shop apron, that wore out
a few years back.Â* Looked for a replacement and ended up with a Rockler
Apron, which is pretty nice, although dust sticks to it, it's dark blue,
which show the dust, and the pockets quickly fill with saw dust.Â* Still,
nice enough.Â* Today I ran across an Atlas apron, and damn this looks
exactly right for my cabinet shop.Â* It looks like it would last forever,
so the hefty price (compared to the Rockler and other cheap aprons)
would seem cost efficient.Â* Those looking for a nice apron might check
this one out:

https://www.atlas46.com/products.htm...egory=24952015

or

https://tinyurl.com/y8on7xyk

I want one of these but my shop days are close to over, so fighting (yet
again) with myself trying not to buy something I no longer need, just want.

Looks like a top notch apron. Personally I might carry a pencil in my
apron, I only wear one to keep the dust from the TS off of me. And in
Houston, the more weight the more it presses against you. That spells
more hot in the summer. Winter time and I wear the apron just to stay
warm. ;~)

The one you are pointing to is probably great when working at a job
site, something I rarely do these days.

This is what I have been wearing for about 10 years, it survived a kick
back 7 years ago and has only recently began to fray at the impact spot.

Light weight and easy to put on and take off.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/pag...=1,43413,45989