Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] is offline

Default Plan to teach all children first aid

On 2018-07-20, Ophelia wrote:

"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote in message news
Ophelia wrote:

"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote in message news
Ophelia wrote:

"Dan S. MacAbre" wrote in message news p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 08:22:53 +0100, Omega wrote:

On 19/07/2018 23:46, p-0''0-h the cat (coder) wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-44883708

Finally... Next, money management, health and safety.

Sent from my iFurryUnderbelly.

Who did you have in mind to 'teach' money management, surely not
teachers and if parents weren't so ****ing feckless themselves, then
the
kids wouldn't need the tuition.

I was trying to remember quite how much 'tuition' I had from my parents.
It wasn't much. My dad opened a bank account for me and it was instilled
in me that people who bought things on credit were idiots. Save and buy
things only when you can afford them just seemed a logical argument from
recollection. TBH I was a bit of a rebel and doing what my parents told
me to do was not a major motivation of mine. Are the maths that
difficult to understand. My misses is the same and her maths are
shocking. Using credit for frivillous stuff is just truly moronic. How
did people get to act this dumb.

I think they get addicted to whichever hormone is produced when you buy
stuff. I never bought things I couldn't pay for with cash, but even then
I noticed that everything I bought ended up in the bin eventually, so now
I hardly buy anything. I intend to keep my little car (an '03 Fiesta)
going for as long as possible; and if my clothes don't last for at least
ten years, I feel like I've been robbed. :-)

==

Huh Your wee car ain't old! Mine is 1995 and husband's is 1994. ;p

That's good going! I know it's wrong, but I've sort of become attached
to mine. As long as I look after it, and replace the bits that wear
out, it keeps going.

==

Our are Jap imports and in fairly good nick. We do keep them well
serviced though

Err why is it wrong???

I think it's going to make me keep it long after it has become
uneconomic to keep fixing it :-) It's a long way off that, though. I
hardly ever have to do anything to it. I'll need to replace the front
(i.e. timing side) crankshaft oil seal soon, but I don't want to do it
in hot weather.

==

Ours are not bad for that. We have Pajeros, his long wheel base, mine short
wheel base. Still the same engines though, 2.8 turbo diesel.

Dunno how long we will be allowed to keep them though. They are trying to
ban diesel cars I think. Hopefully, not for while yet. I love mine

It's not too long that they were advising us to buy diesels, and now look!!!

Never trust a goverment where technology is concerned.

My missus got a diesel, thinking she was doing the right thing. Within
a month, a complete turnaround. I was never a great fan of politicians
to start with - now, I just detest the lot of them.