Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Plan to teach all children first aid

On 07/20/2018 06:40 AM, NY wrote:
I like my 08 Peugeot. It still goes well, and hopefully having had its
mid-life crisis (big bills for cambelt and diesel particulate
filter/cat) will continue to run for a long time yet. In fact it may
only be replaced if/when its emissions become too great for some cities'
anti-pollution rules that they may introduce. Certainly I have
absolutely *no* incentive to replace it with petrol (puny low-end engine
torque) or electric (tiny range before a lengthy recharge). (*)

That was the sad end of my brother's Toyota Tercel. It ran fine but
could no longer pass the emissions test. He donated it to one of those
non-profits that send vehicles to third world countries so it probably
is still happily running and polluting in Nicaragua or Zambia.

He could have given it to me. This state considers high emissions an
efficient way of mosquito control.