Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Sketchup grief again/still...

OFWW wrote in
:

It all depends on your IT person, whether it is you or someone else.

I can remember the days when they said a certain language compiler was
impossible to hack. If I remember right it was "J" something. designed
to operate in scripts or whatever. I was hacking it when they said it
couldn't be done, ya could've fooled me. I thought they were just
joking.

Anyhow, Windows can be tightened down enough to make a grown man cry.
But it does limit what you can do freely.

I found Windows has a single application mode. I haven't looked in to it
much, but it'd be great for a purpose specific computer where various
people can access it. Kiosks are an easy example, but at the club we've
got a computer for programming decoders and that's pretty much all we use
it for. Restricting it to run just that single program could be very
useful.

Puckdropper