Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Sketchup grief again/still...

On 7/17/2018 4:01 PM, Leon wrote:
On 7/17/2018 9:59 AM, Jack wrote:
On 7/17/2018 10:15 AM, Jack wrote:
On 7/16/2018 2:59 PM, Leon wrote:

Have you checked with Sketchup?

No. I'm guessing they are only interested in paying customers now. All
I did (yesterday) was a DAGS that turned up the issue was/is common with
that specific win update. I tried a reinstall w/o removal of SU and it
asked if I wanted to repair errors or remove it. I did the repair
errors, and that didn't do a thing, nor did changing win compatibility
to Win 7 and win 8.

Did another Google search and found the fix for the select tool.

Window/preferences/Open GL/Hardware acceleration --- off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnA59j9tEb0

That fixed it. Hooray for Google and YouTube, and TakNeekwala who
took the time to post the fix.

Great! FWIW there have a series of updates that have been screwing with
my computer in the last few weeks. Further updates have corrected the
problems.

I've had some issues too, besides the SU thing. For one, I had to
uninstall Nero (CD/DVD burner) for some updates to complete. Wierd,
because after updating, reinstall Nero and it works fine. Also, one
update (I assume) was screwing with my mouse, making it jump all over
the place. Something eventually fixed it sort of (still happens
occasionally).

Windows is a strange beast, always has been and basically didn't work at
all (imo) until XP and is now useable although it continues to act like
a wounded buffalo. It is, and I guess always will be, the worlds worst
operation system. A prime example of why monopolies are bad...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com