Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help to connect external hard drive

On 17/07/2018 23:42, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 23:19:19 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

The brand new 650W supply I bought a couple of weeks ago has numerous
Molex connectors - still needed for additional case fans, a somewhat
elderly DVD writer and a totally unnecessary case light.

I buy the modular ones. You can choose ahich cables to use, and plug
those in. SATA-style, Molex, a mixture...

We have a number of PCs and all our data is held on a proper server, so
I am not overly worried about reliability. This PSU cost £16 - a lot
cheaper than a similar modular one.

SteveW