Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Home Depot/Lowes appliance repair?

In article ,
says...

Never had any dealings with Lowe's contractors but had a few problems
with their appliance delivery folks- company employees, not subs.

I have had Lowes to install some carpet and laminate flooring. That was
top notch. Good people and on time.

I ordered a stove from them and got a call for delivery on Monday for a
Wensday delivery . No show. Called them . They said the stove got on
the wrong truck. The same thing happened the next week. Call and no
show. I called and asked what they had in stock at the store. Bought
one in stainless steel instead of white because they said it was in
stock. It did get delivered.
A friend had about the same thing hapen to him with a freezer.

About 3 years later I bought a dryer from them. After waiting an hour
past the due time, I called and they said they were running behind.
They did finally show up about an hour and a half late. I thought they
were suppose to hook it up as I had to buy a new cord at the store.
They brought it in, put the cord on and when they found out they would
have to go under the house to hook up the vent line, they said they did
not go under houses and left. They were nice about the way they said
it.

Under the house is large enough to stand up in, so I spent about 15
minuits hooking it up.