Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Sketchup grief again/still...

On 7/16/2018 11:09 PM, Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 7/14/2018 10:14 PM, Bill wrote:
dpb wrote:
I've yet to get anywhere useful w/ Sketchup; it and I just don't
seem to "be able to communicate"...

I found a book to be more useful than videos.

Any one in particular?

I believe this was my first one:

https://www.amazon.com/Google-Sketch...der_0596521464

My second book on SketchUp was the one below. IIRC, I liked it's style
better.Â* But is says "for Intermediate and Advanced users". You can
preview it at Amazon.Â* You can probably preview other books too, to find
something to your liking.Â*Â* I found my first book, the one in my earlier
post, a little "dry". There must be something better.

Google SketchUp Cookbook: Practical Recipes and Essential Techniques

(Don't forget to) Have fun! : )
Bill

Thanks, Bill...I don't think "fun" is in the cards...

I still think in terms of the old drafting board and CAD programs that
mimicked hand drawings that used for so many years and can't seem to get
past the paradigm shift. For what I'm wanting to do, if it would run on
the 64-bit OS, I'd just go back to it but I also don't want to spend the
time at the moment to reinstall the virtual system and all...proverbial
catch-22! (And I do really, really understand in the end I need to
get to where can use SU at least with a minimal degree of proficiency)