Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Home repairs

On 07/16/2018 08:54 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

LOL, I told him my days of hopping up on the truck are over and I
made him use the damn forklift that was riding attached to the back
of the truck.

Though I had to get them to my house from there, the neighbor's
kids came running over to help even though I said I could do it
myself.

Two kids, gave 'em $20 each...worth it

I quit going up on the roof years a go.Â* I believe I mentioned an 82
year old neighbor here that fell of his losing some teeth and a 75
year old neighbor killed when cutting down a partially fallen tree.
We got a new roof this spring but 70 year old roofer has crew of
younger guys going on the roof.Â* He just does the contractor part
like estimates and organization.

I have a hand cart for carrying anything much more than 50 pounds.
THe wife got some large bags of mulch the other day and I got out
the cart because she wanted them at a distance but before I got
started a new much younger neighbor jumped in and helped.

Friend of mine lost his 90 year old father.

He went up on the roof to check up on the roofing job and fell off.

Considering the many ways we can die, I'd count that as a great
way to go.

Yes, it's a joke my wife and I have....

when it looks like we are getting too old....

Hey, time to check the roof!