Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Neon John Neon John is offline

Default WD-40

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:31:02 -0700, Bob La Londe
wrote:

To displace water on some machinery I just cleaned by
taking it out side and blasting the chips off of with a hose nozzle. For
once its the right product for the job and I don't have any. LOL.

LPS1 is a FAR better water displacer than wd-40. Back in the early
years after Earth's creation when I was racing motocross
professionally, I also worked in a bike shop. We sold LPS products.

We'd set up a demo where we'd take a small bike with a points-type
magneto, hose down the points and coils with LPS1, crank the bike and
then flood the magneto with a garden hose. The engine would not miss
a beat.

LPS1 is kinda hard to find but Amazon probably has it.

John

John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com