Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Home repairs

philo posted for all of us...

Have not been posting here for several months as I have been doing
repairs rather than talking about it.

Built a room in the basement.
Repaired water leaks in foundation.
Trimmed bushes.
Painting.
Repaired porch.
Vacuumed rafters in basement of my 120 year old house.
Minor plumbing work.
Got rid of 500# of old computer parts.
Replaced rotted exterior woodwork.

Much more...and a lot of physical work....more than I've done in years.

Though most of my repairs are sort of half-assed...the good news is at
69 years old I have been doing the amount of work I used to do when I
was 40.

After my knees were replaced, due to less activity I was up to a 36"
waist pants and 180#.

I am now 165# and 32" waist...which has set me back 25 years.

Now that my projects are done...to keep in shape I may start re-doing
some of the half-assed stuff ...and as I tell my wife...."make
everything a good 15% better!"

Very nice accomplishments. Now that I am older and have to get people in to
find out about all my mistakes. No young people for neighbors so I have to
find people to do things.

--
Tekkie