Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sketchup grief again/still...

On 7/15/2018 10:24 PM, Bill wrote:
dpb wrote:
On 7/14/2018 10:14 PM, Bill wrote:
dpb wrote:
I've yet to get anywhere useful w/ Sketchup; it and I just don't
seem to "be able to communicate"...

I found a book to be more useful than videos.

Any one in particular?

I believe this was my first one:

https://www.amazon.com/Google-Sketch...der_0596521464

But it's 9 years old now (and can be had cheap).Â* There seem to be many
more choices now. Surely it was designed for an older version of the
product.Â* But I don't think that would be a big deal.Â*Â* In my
experience, it was easier to follow directions that were given in text,
rather than to try to pick up instructions by watching someone in a
video-where you may not see them right-click, for instance.

I like both, video and text. Video is great to understand what Sketchup
is capable of doing. Hey that is interesting, I did not know it could
do that.

Text to explain something that you want to do. Now that I know what I
want Sketchup to do, the book will explain how to do it.

IMHO software is easier to learn if you know what it will do to begin
with vs. having to learn, trial by error, what it will do.