Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] edhuntress2@gmail.com is offline

Default WD-40

wrote on 7/16/2018 10:07 AM:
On Monday, July 16, 2018 at 8:31:44 AM UTC-4, wws wrote:
Stops mosquito bite itch, too.

I've used it to start my neighbor's balky lawnmower when I ran out of ether. I couldn't believe it worked.

It wasn't a hidden secret. It was known since the beginning of time.

By whom? The Stoddard solvent is less volatile than gasoline, and harder to ignite, but the spray gives you some pre-mixing. That was the hope I had when I tried it. It seemed to work.

If you don't know yet, you can spray WD-40 onto the distributor cap to
dry your high-tension ignition wires if you have a hard time starting
your car after driving on wet roads.

I've heard that.

--
Ed Huntress