Posted to uk.d-i-y
Johnny B Good Johnny B Good is offline

Default Help to connect external hard drive

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 12:08:07 +0100, ss wrote:

====snip====

I must admit the 20GB is getting near capacity. I am quite brutal with
pictures and only ever keep the better ones. I did a couple of years
back go through them and found loads of similar and badly composed ones,
when on hols I probably take around 100 but only keep maybe 20 or so.

Are you still using film? I'm assuming your 'hols' last more than just
three or four days and are in places of more scenic interest than your
home territory.

I can take 100 or more shots just on the trip to shore from the cruise
ship in ports of call where the ship has had to lay off at anchor and
provide a tender service (with maybe another 100 on the return trip from
shore).

Unless the excursion ashore is particularly lacking in scenic interest,
I typically clock up a thousand or so stills and maybe an hour or so's
movie footage to boot on each day's outing when on my 'hols'. Even day
trips to local places of interest can produce a few hundred photos,
including quite often some movie footage.

You didn't happen to be involved in the recycling of all those
expensively made Dr Who episode VTs by any chance? :-)

--
Johnny B Good