Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Home repairs

On 07/15/2018 10:09 AM, Frank wrote:

Now that my projects are done...to keep in shape I may start re-doing
some of the half-assed stuff ...and as I tell my wife...."make
everything a good 15% better!"

I have nearly 10 years on you but now old with all that experience
cannot physically do it all.* Just had in a plumber to do repairs I
could have done myself.* He also straightened out one half assed job I
had done myself.* Also had the asphalt drive seal coated.* Something I
used to do myself.* Then this year, sadly had to hire a lawn service.
There is always something for a home owner to do whether capable or not.
*I have seen older neighbors let these home repairs go and the home
deteriorate.* Next door neighbor passed on last year and widow had to
sell the house for half what it could have if in repair.

One thing I do not do anymore is go up on high ladders....four or five
feet is my limit...unless the wife is not watching.

When I did the concrete floor, rather than picking up the 60# bags and
drywall... I had them delivered for a small fee.

When they got here the guy said:

Alright hop up on the the truck and get 'em.

LOL, I told him my days of hopping up on the truck are over and I made
him use the damn forklift that was riding attached to the back of the truck.

Though I had to get them to my house from there, the neighbor's kids
came running over to help even though I said I could do it myself.

Two kids, gave 'em $20 each...worth it