Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lost my ladders on the motorway

Steve Walker wrote :
They were the ones advertised in magazines with a Volvo stood on the roof.
In this case, the carvan was on its side, facing the wrong way and a Volvo
was hanging from the hitch, with its back wheels in the air. No obvious
damage at all, but I don't know what the side against the road was like.

Almost any caravan which turns over onto its side, will lift the rear
of the tow car off the road. The only exception I have seen, was an
incident I came across on the outskirts of Scarborough, where the large
caravan was laid on its side and detached from the tow car. A quick
glance suggested the tow ball neck had snapped.