Old July 13th 18, 08:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Lost my ladders on the motorway

Can anyone guess who fitted them to the roof of my van?

Actually it was not very funny.

I did, with the help of a bloke in a pickup with orange flashing lights
on the roof that stopped to help manage to get them off the motorway
(they were blocking lanes 2 and 3) throw them down the banking of the
hard shoulder, get the motorway running again and **** off before the
police arrived.

--
Adam

Old July 13th 18, 08:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

it was not very funny.

yeah, a nasty 'obstacle' to come across

manage to get them off the motorway
(they were blocking lanes 2 and 3) throw them down the banking of the
hard shoulder, get the motorway running again and **** off before the
police arrived.

cameras?

Old July 13th 18, 08:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:24:18 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

cameras?

DNA?

--
TOJ.
Old July 13th 18, 08:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

The Other John wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

cameras?

DNA?

postcode engraved on them?

Old July 13th 18, 08:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/07/2018 19:20, ARW wrote:
Can anyone guess who fitted them to the roof of my van?

The same apprentice you zapped with a megger?

Actually it was not very funny.

I did, with the help of a bloke in a pickup with orange flashing lights
on the roof that stopped to help manage to get them off the motorway
(they were blocking lanes 2 and 3) throw them down the banking of the
hard shoulder, get the motorway running again and **** off before the
police arrived.

Strictly, of course, it's the driver's responsibility to check the
safety of the load. If somebody had been hurt, you could have done time,
not the apprentice. I could work with a lazy bugger, and have done so,
but I'm not sure that I could cope with somebody who could land me in jail.

Old July 13th 18, 08:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/07/2018 19:41, Andy Burns wrote:
The Other John wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

cameras?

DNA?

postcode engraved on them?

Only on the ladder clamps that I took with me.

--
Adam
Old July 13th 18, 08:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/07/2018 19:24, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

it was not very funny.

yeah, a nasty 'obstacle' to come across

manage to get them off the motorway (they were blocking lanes 2 and 3)
throw them down the banking of the hard shoulder, get the motorway
running again and **** off before the police arrived.

cameras?

Almost certainly.

--
Adam
Old July 13th 18, 08:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 13/07/2018 19:40, The Other John wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 19:24:18 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

cameras?

DNA?

Who needs DNA with van that had a company m#name and phone number on it?

And number plates.

--
Adam
Old July 13th 18, 09:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Were they that badly damaged?
Brian

--
----- --