Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default DIY madness, or are exposed RSJ's the fashion ?

Here is a house for sale with an interesting 'feature'

https://www.cubittandwest.co.uk/for-...ough/21404963/

You'd think that the local authority would be interested but the
female who answered the phone only wanted to know what the
address of the property was. I told her the estate agents listing
only shows the road name, and she could see the offending work
by simply looking at Cubitt & Wests website, but no, without an
exact address she wasn't going to pay any interest.

Her "is it dangerous ?"

Me "It's an exposed RSJ right near the chip pan fire"

Her "Oh well if we had the address I could check to see if the
work has been signed off"

Me "I doubt if you have any record of this work at all"

Typical useless council employees.

Odd that the owner didn't paint it with coloured Hammerite or
metallic paint or summat.

What about the erotic driftwood sculptures in the bedroom?
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%