Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nothanks@aolbin.com is offline

Default Lost my ladders on the motorway

On 13/07/2018 20:39, ARW wrote:
On 13/07/2018 19:27, Richard wrote:
On 13/07/18 19:20, ARW wrote:
Can anyone guess who fitted them to the roof of my van?

Actually it was not very funny.

I did, with the help of a bloke in a pickup with orange flashing
lights on the roof that stopped to help manage to get them off the
motorway (they were blocking lanes 2 and 3) throw them down the
banking of the hard shoulder, get the motorway running again and ****
off before the police arrived.

Oops.

I don't think that I will be showing the dashcam of that one. You
obviously cannot see the ladders but it does show how quickly the
motorway came to a stop.

You know when you are driving along a motorway and all of a sudden it
comes to a standstill for a few minutes and then you are moving again
and you are thinking "Why did we stop?"

Well today it was because of me.

30+ years ago we were towing a glider trailer down the M4 (previous
SWMBO driving) when the trailer snaked, jack-knifed and turned the car
through 180 degrees, fortunately without rolling. It took a while for
people to slow down but by the end there were 4 cars written-off, no
major injuries and we made at least one of the dailies. Not an
experience I'd care to repeat.