Jeff Wisnia

Default Ceiling Light Problem - No Switch

I was in a Lowes store yeasterday and they have all kinds of rf remote
control devices for lights. Might be cheaper than having to get an X10
rig for controlling just one fixture, and one adaptor per bulb, but
maybe not.

So if as you say, you don't want a pull chain hanging in the middle of
the ceiling, how about a pull cord from that chain running across the
ceiling through a few screweyes and hanging down against a wall
alongside that ineffective switch? (Ducking....)

Phil Anderson wrote:

"Jim & Lil" jim.morris-at-sk.sympatico.ca wrote in message
Try this link

http://www.kandbelectronics.com/kb-e...ics/rlm20.html
It is a remotely controlled light socket where you can

leave the switch
on to keep your plugs energized and still be able to control the

light
switch....Hope that was of some help....Jim

This looks promising. If I put one or more of these into a
ceiling fixture, the bulbs will stick out further than before, so
I will have to take care that the "shade" still covers the bulbs.
If I use a multi-bulb fixture, I assume I will need multiples of
this device.

Am I correct that this
http://www.kandbelectronics.com/kb-e...ics/mc460.html is what
I need to control one or more bulbs in a single fixture? One
channel per device, right? Do I need anything else?

Thanks,
Phil

--

Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)