Posted to rec.woodworking

Default looks wrong

Electric Comet on Sun, 8 Jul 2018
09:58:39 -0700 typed in rec.woodworking the following:
On Fri, 06 Jul 2018 09:30:58 wrote:

And you can haul said beam saw out into the woods?

can you haul this saw into the woods

Depends on what you mean by "haul" and "into the woods.", right?

Doesn't need to be "level" - the saw unit rides on the
rails. If you're daring enough, you could mount it nearly vertical.

yeah sure

What, now you're risk adverse? What ever happened to your sense
of adventure?
{"It died under mysterious circumstances. My sense of
self-preservation found the body, but assures me it has an airtight
alibi."}

This is an up scaled rough lumber saw. Bigger & more
elaborate than an "Alaskan Mill" using a chain saw. "Perfect" if you

chainsaw probably be the better choice out in the wood since bandsaws
are not as portable

This doesn't look like the sort of rig one could pack into a
"remote" location. (I once was looking at property where directions
concluded with "at end of gravel road, park and prepare for a five
hour hike".)

--
pyotr filipivich