Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Storage heater insulation panels

I remember that post. I'd imagine the company don't want you to buy them
hoping to sell you a new heater!
The sides of my heater still get quite hot though so I'm not convinced the
stuff they use is very good in any case. Maybe the ideal substance is what
they used to make Space shuttle tiles out of!
That was a kind of hard surfaced ceramic high temp foam. Not mechanically
very strong but one heck of an insulator from heat.

What are Fire blankets made from?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Teen T" m wrote in
message ...
replying to Simon T, Teen T wrote:
Hi Simon, cane across your post by chance... I hv same issue ... can I ask
wht
you ended up doing with your heater?

--
for full context, visit