Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default looks wrong

https://www.harborfreight.com/saw-mi...ine-62366.html

nothing visible holding the material
for that material a beam saw with the right blade would be faster
and give a much cleaner cut
max capacity is 20 inch log but it does not look like it could do that
maybe that plate in the throat moves up and down
that just needs a trailer to be complete otherwise there would be a need
to make sure it is level
maybe if it was on a concrete slab

I would be carefully comparing it to the other portable bandsaws on
the market - this one looks like it has a flimsy frame - hard to
tell from the photo ..
These units take a beating, in the field - big heavy logs and
timbers being loaded with tractor or bobcat .. you do not want
to bend or kink or bow the frame when it is also the track !
John T.

When I win the lottery, I'm buying this:

https://www.hud-son.com/product/hfe-...eader-sawmill/

21 inch max. log diameter 6.5 HP engine ?
You'll probably be trading it for a larger unit - why not start
out with the bigger one ? Especially after the Lotto win ! :-)
Old buddy had a 30 inch with a 13 hp ? Honda -
- Silva-Saw brand - served him well - cutting for a lot of
farmers over many years, as a part-time retirement business.
John T.