Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal

Default Virgin Media - disabled priority repair

On 03/07/2018 23:13, tony sayer wrote:
Long term I'd serously look at BT, for at least landline provision.
BT Total Care is £4/month extra but offers faults fixed within 24
hours of reporting 365/days/year, daytime only so you won't get an
enginer knocking on the door at 0230 (but you can get that if you
want it). In my experience they do jump and fix things within the 24
hours. They've even pulled an engineer off another job 40 miles away
when the 1st one couldn't fix one fault... Depending on how
ill/housebound your friend is this might be available for free via
"Free Priority Fault Repair Scheme".

Umm .. had this mail from one of our customers the other day amusing
reading;!..

Tony

Broadband now back with us after nightmare 36 hours! Openreach pulled a
wire out that they couldn't replace when fixing someone else's fault and
then pushed off saying we need to report a fault. Words fail me.

Round here on a good day they break one working circuit for every four
that they try to mend and failures are common. It used to be worse. The
old copper is fragile but the regular engineers are more careful now.

At one point they had to *bus* extra engineers in from Lancashire (shock
horror) to fix a large number of line faults round here.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown