Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Connect cell phone to RJ11 home phone wiring jacks

On 7/2/2018 6:40 PM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/1/2018 9:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2018 5:34 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link
via Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can
answer it on any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if
different rooms of your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

My ATT cordless phones work across the street at the neighborsÂ* How
big is your house?

Ditto here.Â* I have a Panasonic KX-TGE274 and it works out to the road
in front of my house .... and I'm on a big almost 4 acre lot with the
house set in a bit.Â* BTW, this model also has the blutooth connection to
a cell phone, so you can call or answer you cell on the cordless.Â* And
it has a memory for call blocking.

We use a Siemens BT interface with our cell phones. No phones included
with the Siemens unit we have. We disconnected from the Teleco at the
network interface and just plugged the existing phone wiring into the
Siemens unit and never looked back. We have ONE landline phone
connected and a Panasonic cordless phone tied in. All we ever use are
the three Panasonic Cordless phones. Three within the house (maximum
horizontal distance from the base unit ~ 35') and one out in the shop
located 50' away in the detached garage. Never a problem.