Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Connect cell phone to RJ11 home phone wiring jacks

I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via
Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can answer it on
any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if different rooms of
your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

So what Im looking for is some kind of adapter/interface device that
will allow the cell phone to link to the houses phone wiring so I can
connect an ordinary corded phone to the phone jacks that are in most
rooms and answer my cell there.

Ever hear of one- or got another solution?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/18 4:34 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via
Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can answer it on
any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if different rooms of
your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

So what Im looking for is some kind of adapter/interface device that
will allow the cell phone to link to the houses phone wiring so I can
connect an ordinary corded phone to the phone jacks that are in most
rooms and answer my cell there.

Ever hear of one- or got another solution?

This is from the U.K. but might lead to something:
http://www.ligo.co.uk/blog/boost-cordless-phone-range/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2018 5:34 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can answer it on any one of the cordless handsets that you
leave if different rooms of your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage just doesn't reach far enough.

So what Im looking for is some kind of adapter/interface device that will allow the cell phone to link to the houses phone wiring so I can connect an ordinary corded phone to the phone jacks that are in most rooms and answer my cell there.

Ever hear of one- or got another solution?

Check out Google Voice and the Obihai OBi200 voip adapter.Â* Easy to setup, works great.

https://smile.amazon.com/OBi200-1-Po.../dp/B00BUV7C9A

USA

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 1, 2018 at 5:34:39 PM UTC-4, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via
Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can answer it on
any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if different rooms of
your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

So what Im looking for is some kind of adapter/interface device that
will allow the cell phone to link to the houses phone wiring so I can
connect an ordinary corded phone to the phone jacks that are in most
rooms and answer my cell there.

Ever hear of one- or got another solution?

Are you sure those cordless systems you're looking at won't span the
house? The cordless phones I've had go all across the house, outside
for 50ft+. Buy one from someplace where you can take it back if it
won't cover the house. I would think the bluetooth link which I guess
is between your cell phone and the base would be the weak link, ie
you'd have to leave the cell phone within a room or so of the base.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2018 5:34 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via
Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can answer it on
any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if different rooms of
your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

My ATT cordless phones work across the street at the neighbors How big
is your house?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/1/2018 9:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2018 5:34 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link via
Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can answer it
on any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if different rooms
of your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

My ATT cordless phones work across the street at the neighborsÂ* How big
is your house?

Ditto here. I have a Panasonic KX-TGE274 and it works out to the road
in front of my house .... and I'm on a big almost 4 acre lot with the
house set in a bit. BTW, this model also has the blutooth connection to
a cell phone, so you can call or answer you cell on the cordless. And
it has a memory for call blocking.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/2/2018 6:40 PM, Art Todesco wrote:
On 7/1/2018 9:02 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/1/2018 5:34 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:
I want to ditch my landline and have looked at throe multi-handset
cordless phone systems sold by ATT, Panasonic and others that link
via Bluetooth to your cell phone. When your cell rings, you can
answer it on any one of the cordless handsets that you leave if
different rooms of your house.

Problem is though, the way my house lays out, cordless phone coverage
just doesn't reach far enough.

My ATT cordless phones work across the street at the neighborsÂ* How
big is your house?

Ditto here.Â* I have a Panasonic KX-TGE274 and it works out to the road
in front of my house .... and I'm on a big almost 4 acre lot with the
house set in a bit.Â* BTW, this model also has the blutooth connection to
a cell phone, so you can call or answer you cell on the cordless.Â* And
it has a memory for call blocking.

We use a Siemens BT interface with our cell phones. No phones included
with the Siemens unit we have. We disconnected from the Teleco at the
network interface and just plugged the existing phone wiring into the
Siemens unit and never looked back. We have ONE landline phone
connected and a Panasonic cordless phone tied in. All we ever use are
the three Panasonic Cordless phones. Three within the house (maximum
horizontal distance from the base unit ~ 35') and one out in the shop
located 50' away in the detached garage. Never a problem.