Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default The bathrooms have escaped

On 29/06/2018 17:20, pamela wrote:
On 14:29 28 Jun 2018, John Rumm wrote:

If you work on the principle that big DIY jobs are never truly
finished, they just reach a point where all the stuff that is left
to do just gets added to a list ;-)

A long rambling tale for them that like that kind of stuff:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...of_a_bathroom_
refurbishment

The original pictures of the old bathroom didn't look too bad

Yup I thought that when I looked at them - but keep in mind those were
taken 10 years ago (they were the only "before" photos I had, since I
forgot to take some before I started working). They were also taken with
fairly sympathetic angles and lighting!

Most of the issues with the main bathroom were practical rather than
aesthetic. The bath was not a good shape (too shallow, and short), there
was no shower, the floor was actually quite dangerous when wet. The
glaze on the loo knackered etc.

Then our en-suite was due to be done anyway since I wanted a shower in
there. The bath seemed like a nice addition, and while the WC etc worked
well enough, I was not a fan of the dark pink!

(there is a fair chance all the fittings were 15 years old when we moved in)

but the new one is even better. It's a good result. Well done.

Thanks. Not going to be to everyone's taste I am sure, but it seems to
fit the bill for us.

It must add another 5% to the total effort to document, photograph and
write it up so clearly!

Alas I did not take many photo's of this, since I thought at the outset
there would not be much "new" in the process to write up. Its only by
the time the end of it approached I realised that there was an awful lot
of "detail" stuff that potentially might have been interesting.

(there is also the point that having the page handy serves as a handy
record of what I did and when - either for my own reference, or just to
show off some pictures if people ask what I have been up to!)

--
Cheers,

John.