Joseph Meehan

Default need hot water FAST

I would not want a gas water heater in the garage. Open flames and
gasoline don't mix.

Around her, they are put in utility rooms in homes without basements.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"PV" wrote in message
om...
The other builder in the subdivision (DR Horton) placed their hot
water heaters in the garage. When I asked to have mine put in the
garage, my builder scoffed at the idea and said the raising and
lowering of the garage doors would frequently blow the pilot light
out.

The attic where the heater sits is pretty cold and the crawl space
under the house is pretty cold. I can see why it takes a while to get
hot water.

Thanks for all the comments. Something to keep in mind for the next
house.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

. ..
I think your problem is with the heater, not the distribution system.

"It has been a while since I was in the crawl space but I think the

piping
I saw was clear plastic, not copper."

I have never heard of clear plastic being approved for domestic hot
water, but I guess it is possible. It is used for hot water heat supply
(well sort of clear). Maybe your memory is not too clear from when you

saw
it.

I suggest getting a plumber out to check it. It should be

correctable,
and I am going to guess it is not going to cost all that much.

Frankly in your area, I don't think I would want any plumbing going
through a non-heated part of my home, nor would I want my hot water

heater
in an area not easily assessable.

--
Joseph E. Meehan