Posted to rec.woodworking
OFWW[_5_] OFWW[_5_] is offline

Default New Yankee Workshop

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 22:39:01 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 18:53:51 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 6/20/2018 6:16 PM,

I gotta call foul when you compare the people who buy
and appreciate solid wood, hand-made furniture -
.. with the people who go to Ikea.
Two different species, in my experience.

I think that was _exactly_ the point Leon was making...there are some
who do know the difference and, more importantly, care.

And willing to pay for heirloom quality furniture. No idea if the
kids will have the same tastes, however. ;-)

Kids generally take on the tastes of their parents, it's all about
what they get comfortable with. With obvious exceptions.