alt-hvac Moderated

Default Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

Glad you got your choke fixed. I've had one or two cases where I put
something back together in the wrong order, and had to go back and redo it.
Kind of thing happens to everyone.

Wonder if the fellow ever did get his furnace fixed?

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Hi Turtle:

I didn't say anything about a flame sensor, because I don't
know whether he has one or what kind of safety features it
has, I was just being very general. A flame sensor is
listed as one of the parts for my furnace, and I was
surprised at how much info there is.

Probably shouldn't say anything, but it yanks my chain the
way some people thing that other people can't and shouldn't
do anything for themselves. What I can accomplish in 3 hour
may be done in an hour or less by someone that is really
familiar and has done the same thing over and over. But why
not me? I took the carburetor apart on my first Harley and
cleaned it because I though it wasn't operating right. Sure
I put the choke in backwards (so it was partially choked all
the time). But the Harley Dealer didn't catch it when it
told him it idled a little rough, but I got at least 50
percent better gas mileage than before. I remember the
number, because my average speed and the gas mileage over a
400 mile trip were the same, 50. I asked two brothers on a
Matchless and an A.J. about the rough idle, so listened to
it for about 20 seconds, immediately knew what the problem
was and had the choke back in correctly in about 5 minutes.