Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default towed a portable generator

On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 1:23:02 PM UTC-4, Deodiaus wrote:
I will pay for actual damages.
However, I am being charged full replacement value on the parts and labor.
A case in point, when I had some clothes damaged by the cleaner, they paid 20% of their value, as they were used.

And if you destroyed the whole generator, they would similarly be entitled
to whatever the current fair market value of a used generator in similar
condition before the damage was worth. But you're saying that it's less
to fix it, so what's the problem now?

Ditto, if I get into an accident, the insurance pays the damages, but only at the "assessed value" of the car, usually even just 80% of that.
Yes, I am being a prick, but we live in a society where this is common.

Yes, if you total the car. Did you total the generator? If the damage to
the car is less than the fair market value, then the insurance company pays
full market price for parts and labor. What's the problem? Did you damage
more than just the wheels? How much are they charging you?