derek

Default Condensation - Is this a good solution? - Advice Sought

On 23 Dec 2003 10:40:19 -0800, (Robin Smith)
wrote:

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your response.

I had a Valiant Gas Boiler installed recently, which I guess is
properly vented - it certainly has a vent to the exterior wall.

I do indeed dry clothes in the hall, not by putting them on a
radiator, but by using a Victorian clothes dryer. I suppose this
cannot help. I also have a washer/dryer (a Bosch Classixx Wash and
Dry) with no apparent external vent. Combining this with a
dishwasher, and cooking, I guess that (as you say) an external kitchen
extractor would be no bad thing, so think I will go ahead and get that
fitted, and see whether the downstairs mustiness goes away.

I guess it might not, but I suppose that it may be general consequence
of the poor design of what is a converted house rather than a purpose
built flat.

Sorry, missed the first part of this thread.

If you are drying clothes in the house, all the moisture in the
clothes (think of the weight of a wet sweater/pair of jeans, etc)
ends up in the atmosphere.

If you have damp problems that's just a No-No.

I'd suggest you vent the kitchen with a (not the smallest) ventilator,
and same with the bathroom. And you dry your clothes in there, and
keep the door shut.

Search the web for "Airflow".

Thank you again.

Robin.