George E. Cawthon

Default Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

American Mechanical wrote:

"George E. Cawthon" wrote:

Oh yeah. Pretty close to what the manual for my gas furnace
says. I would suspect that every 85 efficiency gas furnace
would have about the same sequence of events. He left out
starting the inductor fan and yes the ignition starts and
then the gas valve opens but the sequence is pretty damn
close. Some of you guys act like it's some kind of black
art that nobody but 20 year veterans can figure out.
Anybody that is reasonably smart and has mechanical
apptitude and reads the manual can figure it out, especially
if someone helps him with some of the arcane terminology.

85 what? Same sequence of events? Does the OP even have an inductor fan
(sic) ?
Pretty damn close sequence of events for standing pilot, intermittent pilot
spark ignition, intermittent pilot HSI, direct spark, direct HSI?

Any reasonably smart person such as yourself would be able to check things
to the best of their ability and if then the problem is not apparent, call
someone to have the furnace repaired. If not, then feel free to disassemble
your car engine by reading the owner's manual when it won't start.

- Robert

Notice I said "mechanical apptitude" and "read the manual."
Some reason you didn't want to include that? and an
owners's manual is primarily a driver manual, which tells
you to go to the dealer any time you have a problem. You
need to look at a repair manual. LOL, maybe you thought
manual training meant you never had to look in a manual.