zxcvbob

Default Am I grounded? Electrically speaking.

Chantecleer wrote:

George E. Cawthon wrote:

See zxcvbob. You already have a third wire, so use it. If
you bonding wire leads back to the box, I assume you can use
it, otherwise not. I think you need the wire protected, but
other here can answer exactly, if you know who to believe.
Or ask your friendly electrical inspector.

The third wire is Red in color. I had considered using it and just put it
on the ground block, but I'm not certain about the marking.

And after talking to my so called "Electrical Inspector" on a couple of
other items, I believe I'm better off with doing the research myself. To
be safe and to be to code. This idiot does not live in reality. I will
stick to the code and common sense. (Oxymoron in a lot of cases.)

Chantecleer

If you wrap green electrical tape around both ends just up from where the
insulation is stripped, it is no longer a red wire. All the red in the
middle doesn't count.

Seriously,
Bob