Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Owner's manual for old Sears garage door opener?

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 10:37:05 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 1:15:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 04:14:02 GMT, Gary
m wrote:

replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim above.
Was looking for a replacement remote. They could only offer a rolling-code
converter for $70. Fortunately was able to get the remote working. Any other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

There are not really that many types of GDO remotes. You just need to
figure out which one you have.

I bet you could find something on Ebay or failing that, don't they have
universal ones where you get new remotes and a new receiver and it hooks
up via the door opener button circuit?

I don't remember all of the details but I had no problem getting extra
remotes for my sears opener and a remote for the one I use as a "next"
button on my MP3 player.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/next%20button.jpg
.... or the one I use as an alarm in my car. (turns on the outside
lights and whatever else I plug in the box)

Basically you have a couple of frequencies and a different number of
dip switches in the remote but if you match them up they work. There
are a few sites that describe it a lot better and get you on the right
track.