Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Owner's manual for old Sears garage door opener?

replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim above.
Was looking for a replacement remote. They could only offer a rolling-code
converter for $70. Fortunately was able to get the remote working. Any other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...er-472350-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/22/2018 9:14 PM, Gary wrote:
replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim
above. Was looking for a replacement remote.Â* They could only offer a
rolling-code
converter for $70.Â* Fortunately was able to get the remote working.Â* Any
other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

Or just find a used one using craigslist, freecycle, ebay, or other such
places..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 04:14:02 GMT, Gary
m wrote:

replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim above.
Was looking for a replacement remote. They could only offer a rolling-code
converter for $70. Fortunately was able to get the remote working. Any other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

There are not really that many types of GDO remotes. You just need to
figure out which one you have.
Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim above.
Was looking for a replacement remote. They could only offer a rolling-code
converter for $70. Fortunately was able to get the remote working. Any other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

There are not really that many types of GDO remotes. You just need to
figure out which one you have.

I bet you could find something on Ebay or failing that, don't they have
universal ones where you get new remotes and a new receiver and it hooks
up via the door opener button circuit?

Posted to alt.home.repair

m wrote:

replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim above.
Was looking for a replacement remote. They could only offer a rolling-code
converter for $70. Fortunately was able to get the remote working. Any other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

There are not really that many types of GDO remotes. You just need to
figure out which one you have.

I bet you could find something on Ebay or failing that, don't they have
universal ones where you get new remotes and a new receiver and it hooks
up via the door opener button circuit?

I don't remember all of the details but I had no problem getting extra
remotes for my sears opener and a remote for the one I use as a "next"
button on my MP3 player.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/next%20button.jpg
.... or the one I use as an alarm in my car. (turns on the outside
lights and whatever else I plug in the box)

Basically you have a couple of frequencies and a different number of
dip switches in the remote but if you match them up they work. There
are a few sites that describe it a lot better and get you on the right
track.

Posted to alt.home.repair

om wrote:

replying to JasonW, Gary wrote:
Went to Sears Parts website in model 139.66380 referenced by Jim above.
Was looking for a replacement remote. They could only offer a rolling-code
converter for $70. Fortunately was able to get the remote working. Any other
issues, I think, will mean buying a whole new opener...

I bought a package of 5 O-rings from Sears repair parts

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...t/index.action

The 5 rings together weigh about 1/4 ounce and fit in a small mailing
envelope. The price of the rings was $3.58 but the shipping was $9.98.
I live in a rural area without much shopping around, so I had no
choice.

I guess I'm lucky that I could even get them. Sears won't be around in
any place or form in a few years.

Update: part still has not shipped and searspartsdirect.com doesn't
know the status. Thankfully, this water neutralizer is the last Sears
product I still own. I will never buy another Sears product.
Apparently a lot of other people feel the same way.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=sears+fina...&t=ffsb&ia=web

My experience is not unique
https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sears_PartsDirect
Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/next%20button.jpg

A thing of beauty and a joy to behold!

--
Tekkie

Replacing transmitter/receiver of old Sears garage door opener? Rich Home Repair 5 September 25th 16 12:37 PM
Replacing transmitter/receiver of old Sears garage door opener? - Followup Not Always Done Twice Home Repair 0 April 16th 14 01:44 AM
Sears Garage Door Opener Codes Very Old 2 Buttome Style John F. F.[_3_] Home Repair 4 July 18th 12 05:43 PM
Old sears garage door opener - Universal remote availalbe? [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 26th 06 02:37 PM
Need Service Manual for sears Craftsman Garage door opener 139.536006 Old_boat Home Repair 4 August 29th 05 08:59 PM