Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Peter Gierschner[_2_] Peter Gierschner[_2_] is offline

Default PC-controlled multimeter

Am 23.06.2018 um 19:22 schrieb Randy Day:

I'm looking for recommendations on a computer-controlled
multimeter to automate a test procedure. I'd like to be
able to have the computer select voltage, resistance, etc.,
choose various ranges in each, and transmit readings to a
PC.

I see a lot of units that communicate, but I'm unclear
whether they allow functions and ranges to be set, or
whether they just transmit results from the range selected
on the front dial.

The one unusual requirement is a high resistance range (e.g.
2000Mohm). ACV/DCV/ohms ranges can otherwise be similar to
regular handheld units.

Any suggestions?

Here

https://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~heha/hs/UNI-T/

are some programs for UNI-T or similar multimeters.

peter