Greg O

Default Carrier Gas Furnace - Ignition Lights But Nothing Else

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

JB Books wrote:
(IZ) wrote in message

. com...

I have a Carrier Gas Furnace Model #58GS050-2

When I turn the thermostat to Auto or Heat and call for heat, the
electronic ignition clicks, fires up but then nothing afterwards! I
let the pilot stay in this state for 5, 10, 15 minutes but the furnace
never kicks in.

Do I have a faulty solenoid? Again, the pilot lights just fine.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Happy new year (brrrrrr)

-Izik

the problem is a dirty flame sensor. find the metal rod that is in
the pilot flame and sand it clean.

JB Books

Hi,
When sensor gets rusty, it does not work well. Remove it and gently rub
off rust/dirt with fine grade sand paper or emery cloth and reinstall.
Furnace works on sequential logic(step by step), really no brainer.
1. Call for heat.
2. Ignite gas as main valve opens.
3. Sense the flame.
4. After buit-in delay, turn on the fan.
So seems like you're stuck in the step where it should sense the
flame.
Can't you read the error code off the control module? My Carrier
Weathermatic gives off error code by way of blinking LED on control
module.
HNY,
Tony
Tony

Tony, have you ever worked on a Carrier furnace model the OP has? I did not
think so! You description is not even close!
Greg