Art Begun

Default Question on splitting cable signals....

Just thought I would mention, if you buy splitter at Radio Shack, the
gold ones indeed have better specs than then cheaper ones.

"Bill" wrote in message
My cable TV reception is "OK" but I am thinking of ways to reduce

signal
loss and improve the picture if possible.

- I have about 6 TV's in my house.... 3 on the main living floor,

and 3 in
the upper bedrooms.
- My cable comes in the basement, and is split 4 ways, with one

going to the
upstairs.
- The upstairs lead is split again 3 ways for the bedrooms.

In theory, would it be better to split the incoming siganl 6 ways in

the
basement, and run 3 independant cables to each bedroom?

What about in practice? Would 1 less slpit in the chain improve

things?