EvoDawg

Default splitting cable signals....Speaking of AMPs

Sasal Suzi wrote:

Just don't put the amp where there is little or no
signal or you

Speaking of amps .....
A couple of years ago we had 5 TV's and an amp, gemini I think.
We were eating dinner when we heard a loud beep, beep, beep
coming from outside. There was a Comcast cable truck outside.
The worker rang our bell. He said he detected an illegal condition
that needed to be resolved. If we refused, service would be stopped.
We let him in. He said that our amp was in violation and had to be
removed. We complied and he went away. The reason he gave was
that it interfered with aircraft, believe it or not. We never hooked it
back up. It was very scary to have somebody pull up outside and
"scan" our premisis. Makes you wonder what else they have.

Your amp was leaking RF, and the tech was picking it up with a RF leak
detector. All cable companies are required by the FCC to conduct these test
and fix any leakage. The leaks can interfear with the public safety, Police
and Fire comm. and Airline communications. If the FCC was to have found the
leak the Cable Company in question could have been fined. That was the only
reason he came to the house and asked you to remove it. He could careless
how many outlets you had installed in the house. Techs don't usually give
to craps about outlets and charges not being collected because they're
highly underpaid and overworked.

I should know I have been in the cable business for 25 years and just
recently said good riddance to it. I owned a cable construction business
and probably placed 100 of thousands of miles of cable up until some idiot
cable inspector (Charter) working in cable for a year told me I was doing
it wrong. That was the last straw. I retired from it and am happily doing
home improvement work. Anyone want to buy a couple of T-40c's

Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"