Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default New twist on old driver

On Wednesday, June 20, 2018 at 8:17:59 PM UTC-4, John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Gramps' shop" wrote in message

On occasion I have wished I had a ratcheting screwdriver on hand. Heres a
new offering:

https://www.thegrommet.com/rolgear-m...t-screwdriver#

Funny you bring this up... I've been cleaning up a bunch of old tools that I
"inherited" from friends and co-workers. Amongst the tools are a couple
Yankee screw drivers... I always wanted one of those and a "real" Stanley
Yankee push drill (real as compared to the plastic handled imitation I had
in the 70s that failed). I picked up a push drill off eBay.... it arrived
today. I drilled a bunch of holes in pine, walnut and ash to try it out.
Joy! LOL

I remember "helping" my grandfather around his shop 5.x decades ago. I loved
playing with his Yankee screwdriver. He'd give me a board with holes in it
and I'd drive screws to keep out of trouble. I can still smell the old
bar of soap I used.