Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default New twist on old driver

On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 20:17:49 -0400, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"Gramps' shop" wrote in message

On occasion I have wished I had a ratcheting screwdriver on hand. Here’s a
new offering:

https://www.thegrommet.com/rolgear-m...t-screwdriver#

Funny you bring this up... I've been cleaning up a bunch of old tools that I
"inherited" from friends and co-workers. Amongst the tools are a couple
Yankee screw drivers... I always wanted one of those and a "real" Stanley
Yankee push drill (real as compared to the plastic handled imitation I had
in the 70s that failed). I picked up a push drill off eBay.... it arrived
today. I drilled a bunch of holes in pine, walnut and ash to try it out.
Joy! LOL

All my hand tools have tails or are meat powered. Adding these to my
collection makes it more complete....

I've had my electrolysis station running almost every day for weeks now.
It's nice to see the old Starrett, Stanley and Millers Falls tools come back
to life... It's like Christmas every day! LOL

You can put your Yankee screwdrivers to work more often -
using all the modern bits - with these adaptors :

http://www.leevalley.com/en/Wood/pag...411,43417&ap=2

John T.