Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default New Yankee Workshop

Again, that depends on what one is building for what target market.
Christian Becksvoort doesn't...
https://www.chbecksvoort.com/

Beautiful work. Would you say these side stands are made of cherry? They are on my to do this summer. Thanks!
https://www.chbecksvoort.com/tables.html

Crikey ! Do people actually pay those prices ?
I can maybe see such high prices on more time-consuming styles
of furniture that have carving or inlay ... or exotic wood ..
I don't really see it .. even doing hand-cut joinery.
John T.

Well yes they do... I never had any problem selling my work and my
pieces went in the $2000~$5000 range. There are still some people that
realize this furniture from Ikea will probably not be passed down for
generations.

I gotta call foul when you compare the people who buy
and appreciate solid wood, hand-made furniture -
.. with the people who go to Ikea.
Two different species, in my experience.
John T.