Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

"NY" wrote in message
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
But I took up eating "left handed" when I was very small, this just
seemed the sensible way to me. It is also how Americans eat (but I did
not know that at the time).

Yes, the way that we Brits eat, with a spoon in the right hand (for soup
or a dessert) but a fork in the left hand (for main course) is slightly
odd, when you think about it, given than both "tools" do a very similar
job.

I gather that some Americans cut each mouthful with the knife in their
right hand, then put down their knife and use the fork in their right hand
to transfer that mouthful to their mouth, before picking up the knife for
the next mouthful. Sounds incredibly slow and laborious but was actually
designed to force people not to eat too quickly :-) Not sure I believe
that story: most Americans rarely seem to use a knife and cut their food
with the blunt edge of their fork in their right hand.

Thats not going to work with steak and chops etc.