Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 20/06/2018 13:50, GB wrote:
On 20/06/2018 13:45, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Have you considered a sliding mitre bench saw?

I have one, and it's fantastic.

Me too, but not for large sheets (which is what I use a circular saw for a
lot, together with a sawboard of course.

Or a tracksaw? see Peter Millard's youtube channel for his talk through
of the festool one(s)

There's a very cheap track saw over at Aldididl right now.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/par...9-lidl-2958781
Quite tempted!

FWIW I think the handedness will still be a problem, especially if you
have a weaker right hand (rather than just a less dextrous one). The point
is, the blade is well offset to the right side of the baseplate, and the
motors always hang off to the left so as not to obstruct your view of the
cut.

I'm firmly right handed (my father was somewhat ambidextrous). But I took
up eating "left handed" when I was very small, this just seemed the
sensible way to me. It is also how Americans eat

No its not.

(but I did not know that at the time).